Under the general supervision of the Manager, Patient Care, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing professional registered nursing services for patients, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the healthcare team, and facilitating coordination of patient care and discharge. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/unit.
The successful applicant must demonstrate medication calculation competency during orientation as per Children’s Hospital Policy No. 100.30.109.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing education program required.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the applicable policy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Proficient with computers, software programs, and applications such as Windows and Word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.