Under the general supervision of the Manager, Patient Care, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing professional registered nursing services for patients, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the healthcare team, and facilitating coordination of patient care and discharge. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/unit.
- Recent, related, experience is an asset.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing education program required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.