Reach Services operates a licensed 3-bed home for adolescent males,
The House Manager provides leadership to Youth Care Practitioners; is responsible for management of day to day operations and adherence to licensing requirements; and is responsible for the case management (oversight and implementation) of Youth care plans.
Roles and responsibilities:
– Responsible to oversee day to day operations; provision of needs (meals/medication, school enrollment, medical/dental appointments etc.)
– Demonstrates exceptional care, support and supervision of youth in a home-like environment
– Acts as team leader, provides support, coaching, general supervision, direction and coordination of staff
– Coordinates professional development of staff through training and continuous learning. Maintains personnel files including training record and performance management
– Contributes to a healthy work environment and promotes positive interpersonal relationships, by modelling positive interactions, effective communication and conflict resolution and professionalism
– Administrative functions as required, including financial management, coordination of training, and staff scheduling in accordance with Employment Legislation, etc.
– Referrals to appropriate community agencies based on youth goals and needs
– Maintain written log, document pertinent information as it relates to youth, household events and program(s) provided
– Review of daily communication logs and incident reports, reporting as required
– Supports the programming that is delivered based on organization model-programs, including emotional regulation, independent living skill modules.
– Promotes healthy living; eating, rest, exercise, recreation and harm reduction from substance use
-Obtains ID and bank accounts for youth in our care and assists with job search, including resume development
– Ongoing communication with schools and service providers; promotes and facilitates regular attendance
– Schedule, facilitate and document case plans and quarterly conference meetings, with regular progress and follow up on priorities
– Involved with staff recruitment, including screening, interviews and reference checks
– Transportation/attendance at regular meetings (school, probation, psychologist etc)
– Ensures good operation of the residential home and that it is in compliance with Residential Care Licensing standards at all times
– Facility Maintenance – includes, but is not limited to:
cleaning – vacuuming, dusting, sanitizing food preparation areas and bathing facilities daily, removing trash, doing scheduled weekly, monthly and seasonal cleaning maintenance tasks, making beds and changing linens, doing laundry
– Post secondary education in social services, including Child and Youth Care Diploma or related studies.
– Two years’ experience working with Youth with complex needs including justice involvement, mental health and addictions.
– Understands and practices a resilience and human development model, including Circle of Courage, attachment theory.
– Familiar with community resources and have experience working within mandated systems.
– Is self motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
– Hold a valid drivers license
– Organized and able to meet multiple demands
– Understands differential needs, high risk behavior, able to deescalate situations and promote security and well-being of youth in their direct care
– Demonstrated language, writing and comprehension skills at a sufficient level to effectively communicate with residents, other staff and service providers, and to prepare written record or reports as required
– Demonstrated ability for critical thinking, problem solving and making decisions under pressure
– A satisfactory criminal record check (dated within three months before starting work)
– A satisfactory child abuse registry check (dated within three months before starting work)
– Valid First Aid and CPR certificate
– Certified in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
– Medically, physically and emotionally able to do the work required
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Comprehensive personal protective equipment (PPE) provided (mask, eye coverings, gloves); regular cleaning/disinfectant, sick leave policy in place to ensure people stay home when ill, hand washing available.