The Resident Assistant is responsible for the provision of individualized personal care and developmental supports to individuals in a variety of settings, including interactions with families, staff and volunteers. The Resident Assistant supports individuals in ways that maximizes each person’s well-being, functioning, and quality of life.
The Resident Assistant provides services which:
- Facilitates inclusion in meaningful life experiences.
- Promotes the most comfortable and least restrictive living environment possible.
- Supports the development of maximum personal independence.
The Resident Assistant participates in the development of individual care and development plans, and is responsible for advising the Nursing team of changes in an individual’s status which may require attention or specialists.
This position reports to a Resident Care Manager.
- A minimum education of Grade XII diploma (or G.E.D.) is preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience providing residential and/or community support services to people with physical and intellectual / cognitive disabilities.
- Health Care Aide certificate, or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience supporting individuals with physical and intellectual disabilities is an asset.
- Previous experience working with individuals with unpredictable and/or aggressive behaviors, and a demonstrated ability to evaluate safety risks and respond in an appropriate / reasonable manner
- Previous experience working in an interdisciplinary setting is an asset.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have First Aid and CPR certification.
- Current Non-violent Crises Intervention certification is required
- Must have Class 5 Driver’s License.
St.Amant is a bilingual organization. Proficiency in both official languages (French/English) would be considered an asset.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check, adult abuse registry check, and a child abuse registry check.
We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
St.Amant welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.