G4S Secure Solutions is Canada’s leading provider of security solutions. Our company specializes in hiring and training security professionals to meet all of our client’s needs. At G4S we have partnered with many major companies in securing, office buildings, commercial properties, warehouses, distributions centers, hospitals, condominiums and residential sites. Currently we are seeking a site supervisor for one of our most prominent client’s offices in Winnipeg area.
The following information outlines the Site Security Supervisor’s responsibilities as outlined in the post orders and may be amended by client. It is the Site Security Supervisor’s main function to ensure the on-site security staff comply with all duties outlined in the site post orders and to ensure the security staff act in a proactive manner. Value added service should always be on the mind of the Site Security Supervisor and he/she should not limit themselves to the specific job at hand.
Requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd., including, security licence, validation and criminal police check, child abuse check, 40 hour security guard training certificate, background check, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and lead a team of 10 or more people
- Ensure that all work assignments are fully staffed according to job requirements
- Ensuring security duties are carried out in compliance with all federal, provincial, and municipal laws including: The Criminal Code of Canada; Trespass to Property legislation
- Directing the delivery of security services according to third party service agreements
- Maintaining local site-specific post orders and directives by reviewing and notifying Client and G4S of required revisions
- Maintain master schedules for all security posts and to ensure submission to G4S
- Scheduler for payroll and billing purposes
- Manage/Administer the Site’s Access Control System for the facility
- Master all Concepts and Theories for all Security Control Centre equipment/systems
- Ensure that the Facility’s Safety and Emergency Procedures are followed in response to Fire Alarms and other Site Emergencies
- Demonstrate superior judgment, common sense and decision-making ability, particularly when required to take charge and direct others in emergencies or other incidents
- Where applicable, take informal corrective action to address performance issues and document any actions taken. Alternatively and where a more serious issue arises, forward an incident report(s) to the Operations Manager to conduct a full investigation and present the facts for decision makers to act accordingly
- Actively participate in and resolve, as appropriate, any guard issues.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dealing with Client Requests
- Dealing with all Client/Security Issues
- Telephone Answering
- Dealing with Visitors/Contractors
- Carrying out supervisory and management functions and responsibilities, including:
- Training of new staff
- Daily site inspections
- Maintaining compliance and discipline of site staff
- Performance of staff evaluations on a regular basis
- Acting with professionalism and integrity
- Demonstrates an active interest in promoting safety consciousness in the workplace
- Motivates, supports and inspires direct reports; builds strong, cohesive teams
- High School Diploma and/or College/University Education
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI)
- Valid Security Guard Licence (Full)
- Completed the Professional Level 1 Security Guard Training Course (40 Hours)
- Valid Criminal Record and Child Abuse Checks
- 2-3 years Experience as a Security Guard
- 2-3 years Experience in a Supervisory Role
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.