Internal Auditors, through a risk-based approach, provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and enhance control structures. The ideal candidate has a financial background, and is designated or working towards their designation.
- Conducts operational, financial and information systems audits to review effectiveness of internal controls, efficiency of operations, and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs all activities in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and conduct, consistent with the Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing as published by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Ensures that systems and procedures are in compliance with company policies, accounting practices and applicable regulations.
- Supports the development and enhancement of the internal control structure, ensuring that controls are properly designed and functioning and provides recommendations for improvements.
- Develops constructive and value added solutions to address issues identified and assists in the presentation of audit results.
- Participates in the development of audit objectives, and related audit approach.
- Assists internal audit management with risk assessment activities, audit planning and developing audit objectives.
- Three to five years’ auditing experience.
- University degree in business administration, commerce, economics or related field or equivalent.
- Recognized accounting designation (CA, CPA, CMA or CGA) or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Understanding of integrated financial systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills; ability to think critically in a variety of situations.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.