Prep Cook at Smitty’s Restaurant & Lounge Regent (1512 Regent Ave.)
- Daily preparation and management of prep recipes
- Management of prep/par charts ensuring freshness, shelf life, and proper food safe practices are controlled.
- Maintain knowledge of company specifications and recipes.
- Adhere to cost control guidelines.
- Maintain the quality and speed of production.
As a Prep Cook, you also need to be made aware of any daily specials put into place for the day so the accurate amount of product is available. You may be required to:
- Cut meats using a slicer
- Portion all product that needs to be portioned
- Prepare soups and sauces
- Slice, dice, or julienne produce
- Cook using the convection oven i.e. chicken, turkey, bread, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience as a Prep Cook
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Must be able to communicate clearly with other staff and management
- Organizational Skills.
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $11.65-$16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Prep Cook: 1 year (Required)
- restaurant: 1 year (Required)
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)
- Food Handler (Preferred)