Gardewine is a Manitoba company, with terminals across Canada and a strong history that dates back to the 1950’s. Since being founded in the northern community of Flin Flon we have grown significantly by diversifying within the transportation industry. The most important aspect of our company’s operations is our dedicated people; our people will always be the source of our success and their safety will always come first. We are currently looking for a Account Manager to join our team.
The Account Manager is responsible for exploring and soliciting potential business by providing professional customer satisfaction. Likewise, builds upon existing relationships to sustain existing customers business and improve profitability as outlined in the corporate mission statement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Completes qualified calls
- Solicit business from various sources
- Confirm and coordinate logistics load bookings
- Ensure rate increases are current
- Prepare rate requests, bring to proposal stage and follow-up in a timely manner
- Conduct customer after sales service calls and development calls with existing customers
- Assist with providing rate quotes to customers
- Sustains and provides regular communication with operations team
- Participates in sales and management meetings
- Track sales activities and maintain sales reports
- Identifies opportunities, threats and risks to the business
- Collaborate with Director of Sales to establish achievable, productive goals and clarify workload priorities
- Communicate customer needs and requests with operations and administration and follow-up with the resolution
- Partakes in team activities
- Participates in safety initiatives
- Other duties as assigned in support or the departmental goals and objectives
Three to five years’ experience in distribution, logistics or transportation at a supervisory or CSR level preferred. Strong leadership and management skills to solve problems timely and effectively while maintaining customer relationships. Intuitive sales skills to manage the daily operations while at the same time anticipate future opportunities or challenges. Excellent time management skills to work independently, while managing multiple tasks in a fast pace environment. Experience using all Microsoft office programs, customer relationship management programs, or other logistics software programs is necessary. Post-Secondary education preferred.
Regular use of computer and phone in a sedentary position.
Will be required have valid license and own vehicle to make customer service calls.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)