Matix Lumber Inc. is looking for a full-time Project Coordinator/Estimator to join our growing team. We are looking for a self-starting, outgoing, and dynamic professional who has extensive knowledge of the building industry to provide high level customer service to our clients.
The Project Coordinator/Estimator is the primary point person responsible to assist the Project Manager(s) with planning, executing and delivering projects on time, within budget and according to specifications. The Project Coordinator/Estimator will be responsible for accurately calculating material and labour costs associated with each project, including but not limited to the following job duties:
- Prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build or general tender work; including materials, labour and equipment costs necessary to successfully carryout the construction project plan, estimates and specifications.
- Prepare and maintain a list of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors and establish unit costs, labour rates, productivity factors and location impacts.
- Evaluate and recommend allowances for indirect costs, design unknowns, escalation and contingency.
- Prepare and present estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work and conduct review meetings with the Director.
- Participate and coordinate company risk and opportunity evaluation with clients.
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness, prior to formal quotation.
- Provide technical assistance in negotiating contracts, change orders, etc. as required.
- May assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and cost estimates as required.
- Additional projects as assigned.
- 5 years of experience in project coordination/cost estimation.
- Ability to read and interpret building specifications, blueprints and as-builds.
- Mathematical skills and analytical skills necessary to interpret job cost reports and do material and labour estimates.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (excel, word, etc.)
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Client service and public interaction skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision.
- Collaborative in dealing with customers and fellow employees.
- Customer focused – respond promptly to customer needs.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers.
- Receptive to change – can adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to focus in an open office environment and pay attention to detail.
- Ability to provide excellent internal customer service to other departments in the organization, and being able to follow up on requests, either in person or remotely when required.
- Past Engineering or Engineering Tech (CET) experience, would be considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge in the building industry with ambition for continuous learning
Our employees enjoy a full range of health benefits and other company perks.
If you’re interested in applying for this opportunity, please send a resume in confidence today.
Matix Lumber Inc.
4987 Portage Avenue
Headingley, MB R4H 1C7
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Project Coordination: 5 years (Preferred)
- Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Engineering Tech: 1 year (Preferred)
- Cost Estimating: 5 years (Preferred)
- CET (Preferred)