CASE MANAGER (Regular Full time)
CULTURE, EDUCATION AND TRAINING SERVICES
New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities. Transition, Education and Resources for Females is one of the many service areas within Culture, Education and Training at New Directions. This service area provides support, healing, education and life skills to individuals ages 13 and up who have been exploited/trafficked in the sex trade.We are currently seeking a full-time Case Manager to join our team.
· Intake and development/implementation of clinical treatment plans
· Counselling, crisis management and ongoing risk assessment
· Advocating and collaborating with systems/caregivers
· Engaging participants in positive activities
· Goal development, documentation and evaluation
· Bachelor of Social Work and/or other related degree plus minimum of 4 years working with high risk populations
· Knowledge of the issues and cultures associated to the sex trade
· Knowledge, awareness and sensitivity to Indigenous Cultures and Traditions and be inclusive of multi-cultural beliefs and lifestyles
· Experience providing counselling and working with substance abuse, disabilities, mental health and trauma issues as well as proficiency in negotiating and collaborating with systems
· Vehicle and valid driver’s license
· Energetic, creative, positive and inclusive within a multidisciplinary team environment
The salary range is $18.60 to $26.06 per hour (equivalent to $33,852 to $47,429 per annum), dependent upon education and/or experience. A full benefits package is provided to regular full time. The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record and Adult/Child Abuse Registry Checks; and must supply a current driver’s abstract. Please forward your resume and cover letter by October 16, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.
New Directions is committed to equity and diversity and especially welcomes applications from persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and newcomers to Canada. We strive for a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the people we support and contributes to the diversification of ideas.
Accommodations for accessibility purposes are available for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $33,852.00-$47,429.00 per year
- social services: 2 years (Preferred)