- 1 Position available
For those who dream of being somewhere else, the Nordik Spa Villages are wellness havens. Offering the widest selection of experiences dedicated to the well-being of the body and mind in North America, Thermea by Nordik Spa Villages allow you to reconnect with the elements, others, and yourself. They present a refuge to escape modern life and the opportunity to give life a moment’s rest.
We are currently seeking passionate Line Cook who will use their skills to transform our guests lives, one visit at a time. Join our team.
Thermea by Nordik Spa-Nature’s mission is to allow our guests to give life a moment’s rest.
The Line Cook’s primary objective is to prepare dishes ordered by customers in a quick and efficient manner, while respecting established standards. They must work closely with the service team to provide excellent service and memorable customer experience. They are responsible for minimizing and tracking food cost. They are also responsible to inform the CDP, and Head Chef of any challenges that might prevent them from performing their job. Sanitation, health and safety rules & regulations are an integral part of their work habits. They must cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot + cold menu item plates
To best aid our guests in giving life a moment’s rest, Thermëa associates embrace our core virtues and behaviors to provide a trouble-free relaxing experience:
- We are dedicated & team-oriented: It takes a village to ensure that the quality of our facilities and experiences are always exceptional, and all team members are empowered and expected to ensure the smallest of details are attentively maintained. We take great pride in striving for a flawless execution of our guest experience.
- We are respectful & helpful: Anticipating the needs of and prioritizing the well-being of our guests and colleagues to allow them to leave their troubles behind. Opening doors and always willing to lend a hand to our teammates are just a few ways we are ready and willing to respond to the needs of our team as well as our guests – always with the greatest respect.
- We are conscientious & discrete: Doing what is right, at all times, ensuring our guest experience is provided consistently, and work is completed with minimal interruption to our guests.
- We are fun & enthusiastic: Passion drives what we do and creates an enjoyable place to live, work, and learn. Enthusiasm is displayed appropriately as we provide the best possible guest experience.
Based on our core behaviors, all associates are expected to:
- Always assist in ensuring the cleanliness of all spa amenities and spaces
- Be proactive and in motion in search of ways to improve the guest’s experience
- Be eager & willing to lend a helping hand to guests and colleagues
- Share their passion for what they do through all interactions
Reports to: CDP Head Chef
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Thermea by Nordik Spa-Nature
- Inspect and clean, and maintain food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, fryers, roasters, and other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, taste, FIFO
- (first in first out)
- Knows and complies consistently with the restaurant’s standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the quality of products served.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to support a smooth service period.
- Handles, stores, and rotates all food products and supplies according to restaurant policies and procedures.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam, fish, fruit, vegetables, and other foods.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, according to Nordik standard portion sizes, recipe specifications and plate specification.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Follow proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
- Carve and trim meats such as beef, veal, ham, pork, and lamb for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches.
- Assists in food prep assignments for designated station during off-peak periods as needed.
- Substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods and breaks.
- Closes the kitchen following the closing checklist for kitchen stations and assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Know all of the common allergies and know how to accommodate guest requests for dietary needs.
- Estimate expected shift food consumption, fill out MEP and Par stock request.
- Must comply to help out the dish pit towards the end of the night or whenever needed.
- You genuinely care for the wellbeing of others
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You demonstrate a positive attitude, autonomy, and dynamism
- You have a high attention to detail
- You love to share knowledge of the region as well as touristic attractions
- Standing on your feet.
- Able to lift 40lbs
- Non-slip Foot ware
- Basic Knife Skills.
- Manual dexterity.
- A team player with good communication skills.
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure.
- Very good physical condition and endurance.
- 2 years’ experience is a similar position is an asset.
- Culinary Diploma from a creditable school is an asset.
- The applicant must have a Food Handling certificate.
- The applicant must pass the biannual product knowledge tests and achieve a scoring of 80% or higher.
- Variable schedule (days, evenings, weekends).
- Flexibility is required.
Based on the pay scale and benefits in effect at Nordik Spa-Nature.
How to Apply:
Please fill the job application questionnaire on our Careers page. : https://chelsea.lenordik.com/a-propos/carrieres/
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.