Established International Food Product Manufacturing Company , producing one of the most highly desired products on the market today is seeking a Maintenance Planner / Scheduler for their Portage la Prairie plant.
Salary 50,000.00 to 58,000.00 per year
This person will play a critical role in a successful plant by ensuring all equipment is running at peak efficiency to avoid delays. The maintenance planner is responsible to have and further develop knowledge of all types of machinery and the tools and parts required to complete scheduled and unplanned urgent maintenance. To establish maintenance schedules, maintain a parts inventory, and work closely with maintenance staff, contractors, and vendors.
Specific Duties are
• Assist with project and shutdown scheduling.
• Ensure availability of required parts for maintenance work.
• Purchasing and expediting orders of spare parts and consumables.
• Proper and efficient organization & storage of parts in maintenance stores.
• Maintaining, developing, and entering machine and part data into computerized maintenance management system
• Maximizing equipment reliability and availability through most effectively using planned maintenance.
• Preparing and issuing of maintenance work orders, as required.
• Contacting external vendors and suppliers to obtain bids and quotes.
• Helps in maintaining the Maintenance KPI and Metric Board
• Mapping and tracking on Maintenance Planning Effectiveness
• Effectively allocate employee’s time, and the duration, and prioritizations of jobs as per work order management system
• Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by Management Food Safety and Quality
• Participate in Training Seminars as needed
• Follow GMP Practices
• Relevant education, and related experience,
• Demonstrated ability to perform the required job functions
• Willingness to company required Food Safety and Quality Training
• Willingness to complete WHMIS training
• Participate in all required Health and Safety Training
• Ensure safety talks are conducted as per schedule (toolbox talks) and relevant concerns or issues are addressed
Job type: Full-time