Status: Regular Part-time
Shift: Monday – Friday (9:00AM – 5:30PM)
In your role as Warehouse Personnel, Days – Outbound Dock Operations at The North West Company (NWC), you support the distribution center, which is responsible for distributing products to our stores through order picking, ticketing, packing, as well as shipping and receiving.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture. We also have free parking at our distribution center.
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Provide assistance to the Outbound Manager with the traffic flow of goods;
- Perform Outbound Shipping Department functions including unloading/loading trailers, and strapping and sorting cartons;
- Process merchandise to proper locations for shipping;
- Operate hand held computers;
- Assist in maintaining a clean and safe work environment; and
- Perform other accountabilities as assigned.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous warehouse experience involving shipping and/ or receiving preferred;
- Previous forklift and other Material Handling Equipment experience is an asset. Ability to obtain certification is required;
- Must have knowledge of airport/airplane loading procedures;
- Working knowledge of WMS preferred;
- Must possess strong attention to detail to be able to follow instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) accurately;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team environment;
- Possess a sufficient literacy level to perform the required tasks;
- Ability to work in a variety of seasonal temperatures; and
- Ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines.
Location: Winnipeg Logistics Service Centre, 100 Murray Park Road, Winnipeg, MB
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.