BDO Canada is currently seeking a Manager, Cloud Services to join our growing Cloud Services practice. BDO’s Cloud Services Practice provides clients with a full suite of cloud services on the Microsoft 365, Dynamics 365, Azure and Google Cloud platforms. These services include cloud licensing, professional services, managed services, cloud readiness, design/architecture services, migrations, deployments, backup/recovery, and billing optimizations. The position can be located anywhere in Canada as the team works primarily remotely and serves clients nation-wide.
The Manager, Cloud Services will own the following responsibilities:
- Managing the team and ensuring that team members are effectively utilized
- On-going mentoring and coaching of the team including performance management
- Ensuring our cloud operations and licensing professionals have the skills, experience and capacity required to deliver our service offerings
- Fostering a sense of purpose within the team; developing short and long term objectives aligned with driving behaviours supporting our core values, mission and vision.
- Interviewing and hiring new talent as the team grows
- Achieving a high % of renewals and new customer engagements
- Leading in pre-sales initiatives, including client presentations and the development of pricing models, and creating cloud proposals
- Assisting in the development & implementation of new service offerings
- Managing high transactional engagements against budget, timeline and scope
- Acting as a customer escalation contact as required and providing management and guidance related to the resolution of customer satisfaction concerns
- Building deeper relationships with clients and assisting in expanding the engagement footprint when the opportunity presents itself
- Ensuring effective delivery of operations and a high level of customer service.
- Act as the primary escalation point for the cloud operation and support teams.
- Ensuring adherence to a consistent standardized service delivery model rooted in IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices
- Contribute to Practice planning of KPIs, review profitability metrics and team efficiency.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO’s core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
- You understand your client’s industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains and attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- Previous experience managing and coaching a team
- Experience in the technology consulting field, cloud solutions provider or similar and working closely with clients
- Experience working with Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud or Amazon Web Services platforms in one or more of the following areas: Cloud licensing, sales operations or pre-sales
- Having some form of technical background (e.g. IT managed services, software development, architecture, IT infrastructure, etc.).
- Demonstrating a passion for Cloud technology/services and an interest in developing your expertise in the area
- Previous experience with overseeing a cloud services, sales, operations or support team is an asset
- Experience in the creation and implementing operational procedures and continuous improvement activities is an asset
- Excellent customer-facing, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent in multi-tasking and time management
- Strategic planning and management expertise
Experience or exposure to other toolsets is a bonus and shared below for reference:
- Data & Analytics (Technology: Azure Database, Google Cloud DB, SSRS, SSIS, PowerBI, Tableau)
- Collaboration (Technology: Microsoft Teams, Slack, Office 365/G-Suite, OneDrive)
- Digital transformation (Technology: .NET Development, Cloud Hosting, RPA Tools)
- ERP/CRM (Technology: Dynamics 365, Dynamics GP, NAV, AX, Salesforce, NetSuite)
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
Firm success – We enable you to engage with the firm’s strategic plan, and be a key contributor to the success and growth of the firm.
Professional success – We help you be the best professional you can be in our services, industries and markets.
Personal success – Achieve your personal goals outside of the office and make an impact on your community.
Giving back, it adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and flexible time off through vacation, personal, and volunteer days. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours, and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click “Apply now” to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page.