At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for the eighth consecutive year and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, the U of M is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
The Project Manager (Level 1) will be responsible for project implementation, design solutions that address functional and aesthetic issues, management of projects through all phases, drafting as required, and monitoring of projects through the construction phase. The Project Manager will also engage outside design consultants, monitor their progress in project completion and provide technical reviews of their work. The position provides the technical skills (research, planning, design, cost estimates, drawing and specification writing) needed in assisting in the operations and efficient functioning of all University needs. These skills are directed toward the preparation of feasibility studies, cost estimates, design and tender documents for the renovation or alteration of existing buildings.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
- Eligibility for professional designation in Architecture, Engineering or Interior Design required.
- LEED accreditation would be an asset.
- Additional degrees or certificate in related disciplines such as project management would also be an asset.
- A minimum of 5 years of design and project management experience required.
- Comprehension of Building Code compliance, pedestrian and vehicle movement required.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of architecture and design in specific areas, such as building programs, preparation of budgets, concept design and functional planning required.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong design and organizational skills are required.
- Must be familiar with AutoCAD and have skill in the research, analysis and development of plans and the preparation of technical reports and presentations.
- Skilled in and utilizing planning and design related software packages required.
- Familiarity with sustainable design strategies required.
- Must be able to visit job sites in various weather conditions without assistance.
- Proven ability to manage a significant number of projects at the same time is required.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
- Competitive vacation time.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
- Access to the University’s state-of-the-art fitness facilities.
Ready to take the next step in your career? Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=12791
Closing Date: October 5, 2020
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of “The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy” (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Application deadline: 2020-10-05
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $64,216.50-$89,903.32 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- project management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)