Status: Casual (Up to 40 hours per week)
Term: Up to 3 Months (with possibility of extension)
Shift: Sunday – Thursday (5:00 PM – 1:30 AM)
In your role as General Warehouse Person – Evenings, at The North West Company (NWC), you’re an integral part of our warehouse operations and activities. Your work ensures an increase in efficiency and profitability to increase satisfaction amongst our customers.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
The North West Company is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Picks orders for Northern stores, Giant Tiger stores and external customers;
- Operates appropriate powered equipment to pick or stock items;
- Load and unload trucks;
- Maintains product rotation and execute quality control; and
- Maintains warehouse cleanliness and a safe work environment.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Ability to pick orders. Previous warehouse experience an asset;
- Able to work quickly and efficiently to complete responsibilities and consistently meet production requirements;
- Physically able to lift heavy product up to 70 lbs unaided for the duration of each shift;
- Must possess effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must possess strong attention to detail and be able to follow instructions accurately;
- Able to prioritize workloads;
- Able to work in a variety of seasonal temperatures and warehouse environments;
- Must be able to work individually and in a team environment;
- Must be able to become in-house certified in order to operate required motorized equipment; and
- Forklift and pallet jack, etc. experience preferred.
Location: Crescent Multi Foods, 2049 Dugald Road
Reports to: Department Manager, Crescent Multi Foods (CMF)
You may include your resume and cover letter together as a single document. A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.