This is an entry-level position, which requires excellent comprehension and speaking skills. The Customer Service Representative is responsible for inbound interpretation facilitation by providing consecutive interpretation from an English speaker to a Cantonese or Mandarin speaker and vice versa.
Excellent verbal and written command of English and Cantonese and/or Mandarin is a requirement.
- Assist on inbound calls from various clients who require interpretation services.
- Use online training materials, dictionaries, and glossaries to facilitate call handling and to maintain and improve language skills
- Facilitate calls using internet based software, reading and following client scripts
- This position may lead to additional opportunities as assisting in Quality Assurance and language testing as required
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills and listening skills
- Ability to function independently and with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer knowledge, including use of internet and ability to type 25-30 WPM
- Punctual and reliable during scheduled work hours
Availability: 10:00AM to 10:00PM Monday to Sunday
Hours: 25 – 35 per week based on call volume.
Job Location Downtown, Winnipeg
Training Date(s): October 7 – October 9 from 8:30 – 16:00
Training is mandatory.
For any further enquiries please contact our Recruiting Dept. at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information or any other consideration prohibited by law or contract.