- The purpose of the Creative Manitoba Communications and Facility Coordinator position is to manage operational functions external communications and components of administration for the 245 McDermot shared space. Areas of responsibility include class and board room rentals, management of office supply inventories, general facility maintenance, updating website content, creating weekly e-newsletter, and managing social media channels. This position may also include some evening and weekend work.
- Manages front desk reception from 10 till 3 pm daily, duties include answering phones, receiving deliveries and suppliers
- Manages rentals of the class and board rooms – including contracting and managing rental logistics
- Event set-up, clean-up, signage, etc.
- Attend and open/lock up for evening and weekend event rentals
- General maintenance of printer and other office equipment
- Manages office and building supply inventories and purchasing
- General facility maintenance: towels, tissue, etc. in washrooms, COVID sanitization
- Creates and distributes weekly Creative Connections newsletter using Mailchimp
- Daily website updates – member events, news, calls for submission, and career opportunities
- Promotes Creative Manitoba and events
- Updates social media – Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- 35 hours per week (weekend and evening work may be required)
- Creative Manitoba will provide opportunities for educational training on an ongoing basis. Employee development will be discretionary and based on the Creative Manitoba Human Resource policy.
- Significant components of this position are self-directed.
- Creative Manitoba staff works in a collaborative manner in a casual, respectful, and professional environment. We value our job descriptions but they do not prevent us from pitching in when something needs doing.
- It is our intent that Creative Manitoba fosters a safe, supportive, and nonthreatening environment for everyone to participate and share in – regardless of gender, ability, ethnicity, or cultural differences. We ask that you please be welcoming and respectful of world views that differ from your own.
- Creative Manitoba is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from equity-seeking groups.
- Intermediate communications skills including knowledge of WordPress and a good understanding of social media
- Knowledge of Manitoba’s arts and creative sector
- Ability to thrive in an open concept/collaborative environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use a wide variety of computer software, including graphic and web-based applications
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
Primary Facility Responsibilities
Primary Communications Responsibilities
Working Conditions and Environment
Knowledge and Skills Required
Terms of Employment
This is a 5-month full-time contract (35 hours per week).
Compensation commensurate with experience and based at $15 to $17 per hour.
Please submit a resume with 3 references and a cover letter to the Executive Director, Creative Manitoba via email – firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5 PM Friday, October 16, 2020.
We thank all those who apply but will only contact those candidates selected for interview.