Rainbow Day Nursery Inc. Phase 3 is looking for a childcare assistant to work in our Early Years program in Southdale. Our program consists of 24-30 2 and 3 year olds.
Early childhood educator assistants will plan, organize and implement programs for children between the ages of infancy and 12 years. Early childhood educator assistants provide care for infants and preschool- to school-age children under the guidance of early childhood educators. Early childhood educators and assistants lead children in activities to stimulate and develop their intellectual, physical and emotional growth and ensure their security and well-being.
- All eligible candidates must have or will obtain:
- CCA classification
- Child abuse Registry check
- Criminal background Registry check
- Current first Aid and CPR
- 40 hour course Child development in the first year of employment. The center will send you the appropriate links to apply for the above requests.
- Early childhood educator assistants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Support early childhood educators in carrying out programs that promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children
- Engage children in activities by telling stories, teaching songs and preparing crafts
- Arrange rooms or furniture for lunch and rest periods
- Assist with proper eating, dressing and toilet habits
- Submit written observations on children to early childhood educators or supervisors
- Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping duties
- Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children
- May assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records.
Contract length: 12 months
Expected start date: 2020-10-12
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $11.00-$18.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
we will discuss Cohorts and expectations during covid-19 upon employment.