For best results, also apply to our recruiting page:
St. Amant’s Community Residential Program is looking for people with the same core values of collaboration, hospitality, excellence, and respect for Support Worker positions
The Community Residential Program (CRP) has over 60 locations across Winnipeg.
Support workers provide the delivery of services and supports to people with developmental disabilities and/or autism within a community setting.
Support workers will work in the homes of those receiving services with them in their choice of activity and past time, with health care needs and appointments, and most importantly with bridging friendships in their community!
The role is one of meaning and connection.
Other duties also include household tasks. It is not a requirement to know beforehand but it is an asset – training on the job can be given. The household tasks can include but not limited to cleaning the home, cutting grass, cooking, laundry, gardening.
Support workers provide services that
- Optimize dignity, self-determination and attainment of personal outcomes
- Maximize environmental and lifestyle choices desired by the individual
- Incorporate high quality support and treatment
- Support education, training, and work opportunities
The Support Worker is responsible for monitoring and assessing the health needs of individuals supported, assisting with daily living routines, and ensuring the safety & well being of the individuals being supported. By supporting individuals, the Support Worker will act as an advocate when required, and foster spirituality as desired by the individual.
The support worker would provide residential or support services that align with St.Amant’s Mission and Values, provincial legislation and regulations.
This position reports to a community based Team Leader.
Schedules for Jobs run on a bi-weekly rotation. There is one working weekend per schedule for most positions.
- Grade XII Diploma or GED.
- Ability to obtain certification in CPR and Emergency First Aid.
- Valid Manitoba Driver’s License in good standing.
- Acceptable Criminal Record, Child Abuse Registry Check, Adult Abuse Registry Check and Prior Contact Check (CFS).
- Positive, energetic, self-directed and person focused.
- Experience providing services to people with disabilities an asset.
- Knowledge of basic cooking and household management skills.
- Physical ability and emotional stability to support peoples’ physical needs and respond appropriate to challenging behavior.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with peers, clinicians, professional staff and families.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing (English in all positions, French in designated bi-lingual positions).
- Possess ability to identify and respond effectively to high risk situations.
- Familiarity with basic computer use – Microsoft Office.
St.Amant is a bilingual organization. Proficiency in both official languages (French/English) would be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
St.Amant is a non-profit organization, offering programs & services throughout Manitoba which support over 1600 children and adults with developmental disabilities and autism, and their families. We are committed to delivering person and family centered supports through individualized programs and services. St.Amant is guided by its core values of Collaboration, Hospitality, Excellence and Respect.
St.Amant welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Visit St.Amant online at www.stamant.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Permanent
Salary: $14.95 per hour
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class 5I or 5F (Required)