Food and Beverage Supervisor
For those who dream of being somewhere else, Thermea by Nordik Spa-Nature is a wellness haven. Offering the widest selection of experiences dedicated to the well-being of the body and mind in North America, Thermea by Nordik Spa-Nature allow you to reconnect with the elements, others, and yourself. They present a refuge to escape modern life and the opportunity to give life a moments rest.
We are currently seeking passionate Food and Beverage Supervisor who will use their skills to transform our guests lives, one visit at a time. Join our team.
Thermea by Nordik Spa-Natures mission is to allow our guests to give life a moments rest.
Reporting to the Director and Restaurant Manager, the main objective of the incumbent is to ensure the satisfaction of our restaurant customers by assisting the management team in supervising the dining room, the lounge, and other restaurant outlets. Finally, they must ensure that the DNA of Thermea by Nordik Spa-Nature is respected.
To best aid our guests in giving life a moments rest, Thermea associates embrace our core virtues and behaviors to provide a trouble-free relaxing experience:
We are dedicated & team-oriented: It takes a village to ensure that the quality of our facilities and experiences are always exceptional, and all team members are empowered and expected to ensure the smallest of details are attentively maintained. We take great pride in striving for a flawless execution of our guest experience.
We are respectful & helpful: Anticipating the needs of and prioritizing the well-being of our guests and colleagues to allow them to leave their troubles behind. Opening doors and always willing to lend a hand to our teammates are just a few ways we are ready and willing to respond to the needs of our team as well as our guests always with the greatest respect.
We are conscientious & discrete: Doing what is right, at all times, ensuring our guest experience is provided consistently, and work is completed with minimal interruption to our guests.
We are fun & enthusiastic: Passion drives what we do and creates an enjoyable place to live, work, and learn. Enthusiasm is displayed appropriately as we provide the best possible guest experience.
Based on our core virtues, all associates are expected to:
- Always assist in ensuring the cleanliness of all spa amenities and spaces
- Be proactive and in motion in search of ways to improve the guests experience
- Be eager & willing to lend a helping hand to guests and colleagues
- Share their passion for what they do through all interactions
- Supervise the operations of the various service points (Restö, Panorama Lounge, Mezzanine, Beergarden)
- Provide ongoing support to the team of waiters / hostesses / clerks / bar attendants / cooks / dishwashers;
- Establish, apply and enforce the standards and procedures in place;
- Ensure the quality of the customer experience;
- Ensure the application of standards of hygiene, sanitation, health and safety at work;
- Ensure that personal hygiene, appearance and uniform standards are respected;
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, make schedules and leave requests.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, do time approval and pay mailings.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, follow up on the training of new colleagues;
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, create weekly focus groups for employees.
- In collaboration with the Senior Manager, meet with new employees for their integration into the restaurant business and the handing out of welcome kits.
- Ensure follow-ups on shift closures/openings
- Communicate with the team at the beginning of shifts, events, groups, etc.
- Make inventories of cutlery/glassware. In collaboration with the main manager, make orders for the supply of glasses, cutlery etc….
- Update food menus
- Making administrative supply orders
- Be sure to talk to customers, to grow the restaurant business.
- Motivate and promote monthly contests and weekly focus groups.
- Performs all other related duties required by his or her immediate supervisor or required by his or her duties.
- You genuinely care for the wellbeing of others
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- You demonstrate a positive attitude, autonomy, and dynamism
- You have a high attention to detail
- You love to share knowledge of the region as well as touristic attractions
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset.
- Have completed the Serving it safe (MB) within 2 weeks of hiring.
- Food handlers (MB) health and hygiene training certification is mandatory (can be acquired during training)
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in the restaurant and/or customer service industry; previous supervisory experience is an asset;
- A degree in catering, hospitality or service is an asset;
- Knowledge of wine/beer/beverages and gastronomy is an asset;
- Ability to work with the functionality of the restaurant operating system.
- Listening to each other and to the needs of the customers;
- Good team spirit;
- Excellent communication;
- Good attitude;
- Multidisciplinarity is essential.
- Have good stress management (high attendance)
- Attention to detail and organization
- Have a sense of initiative and resourcefulness
- Pass knowledge exams twice a year with an average of 80%.
40 hours per week, days, evenings, weekends to meet the needs of our guests
Competitive wage and benefits in effect at Thermea by Nordik Spa-Nature.
How to Apply:
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Thermea by Nordik Spa-Nature