Your tasks and responsibilities
We are seeking highly motivated Research Associates to join our successful team for the Summer of 2021. This position is a 4-month term. The positions will be based in the Winnipeg, Manitoba area.
- From your first day as a Summer Student you will be a contributing member of the team with meaningful responsibilities. Our goal is to provide interesting and challenging work while at the same time have fun and celebrate successes.
- We offer an orientation program, on the job training, a competitive compensation package, and this role provides you with opportunity to expand your knowledge.
- Assist in the planting, spraying, maintaining, evaluating, and harvesting of small plot agronomy, chemistry, and trait development research trials
- Accurately enter and manage research data
- Maintain, transport and operate research equipment
- Monitor compliance of diverse crop research sites
- Other duties and projects as required
Who are you
Your success will be driven by your demonstrations of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possess the following:
- Agronomic knowledge attained through pursuing your degree in Agriculture or another academic discipline coupled with experience in Agriculture industry.
- Currently enrolled in an Associate’s (Diploma), Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree program and you must be returning to school upon completion of the summer internship – to either continue program of study or begin an advanced degree in the fall.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as contributing to a dynamic team environment;
- Ability to deliver results
- Attention to details
- Experience operating farm equipment is considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Apply Early, role will close if a suitable candidate is secured.