When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
As part of the Enterprise Tax practice, the Specialist will excel in servicing the planning and compliance needs of our clients. This position provides the opportunity to participate in a broad range of tax-related work requiring qualitative and quantitative analysis and assessment. Periodic special projects and research will challenge you and allow you to grow, develop, and thrive as a tax professional.
What you will do
- Research and analysis of a wide variety of tax issues, including assistance with structuring of domestic and international investments.
- Preparation of corporate, partnership, trust and personal tax returns.
- Preparation of draft technical memos to file, instruction letters to legal counsel and client reporting letter to be reviewed by senior staff members.
- Preparation of income tax models.
- Review corporate and personal tax returns.
- Review tax provisions for our larger audit and non-audit clients.
- Interact with clients and other team members.
- Assist senior staff members in all aspects of corporate tax initiatives.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a public accounting firm.
- Successfully passed the CFE, or wrote the CFE in 2020 and has obtained or is in process of obtaining a CPA designation.
- Currently enrolled or willing to enroll in the In-Depth tax course.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team building skills.
- Strong time-management abilities and self-motivation.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Is keen to assist in the development and implementation of tax planning strategies for various clients.
- Willingly takes on and learns new skills by researching a wide variety of tax issues.
- Excellent client service skills with an aptitude to understand the clients’ business and maintain strong client relationships.
Keys to your success:
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
- Strong work ethic
- Thrive on challenges
- Dedicated to providing outstanding client service
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact KPMG’s Employee Relations Service team for support at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3. KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant’s individual accessibility needs.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.