Under the supervision of the Senior Buyer, the Jr. Buyer will be learning and performing the processes and tasks related to the company’s Purchasing. As a member of the Supply Chain Team, the individual will also be exposed to other areas of the Operations Department which would include Production Planning, Maintenance, Shipping & Receiving, and Accounts Payable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating Purchase Orders for material and services
- Develop and Implement purchasing and contract management instructions.
- Monitoring open PO, and past due reports and expedite when appropriate.
- Provide highest levels of service to production customers.
- Developing and maintaining business relationships with suppliers and business associates.
- Assisting Intermediate and Senior Buyers in RFP process.
- Actively plan cost reduction opportunities and providing recommendations to Sr. Buyer.
- Reconcile Supplier invoices with Purchase Orders for Accounts Payable processing.
Knowledge and Skill
- University Degree in Commerce or College Diploma in Business Administration with a focus on Supply Chain Management preferred
- Understanding of purchasing, inventory and operational processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
- Practical knowledge of the various material and services used throughout the company
- General understanding of the functions and responsibilities of the various departments throughout the company
- Proficiency in MS Office 365, specifically Excel, Outlook & Word
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
We appreciate the interest shown by all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.