Loss Prevention Service Ambassador
This is a casual temporary role with a possibility of extension.
Are you looking to work for a company committed to supporting their community? Interested in a role that helps people stay safe while getting the essentials they need?
The Loss Prevention Service Ambassador (LPSA) provides a visible presence within the store and at entry points to help customers understand traffic flow and safety protocols. This role joins other employees in preventing loss through positive and engaged customer service. In addition, this position is responsible for greeting customers, answering questions, and providing a customer service handoff. The Loss Prevention Service Ambassador will help ensure a positive customer experience while deterring opportunity for theft by physical presence and customer service.
The LPSA will partner with store staff to ensure that all Loss Prevention programs are functioning. The LPSA will ensure that incidents of note are escalated to Loss Prevention Officers. The LPSA will report any observations to Loss Prevention or Store Management as appropriate.
- Provide a professional and visible presence while greeting customers and responding with engaged positive customer service.
- Answer basic questions about the store, merchandise, and provide customer service by introducing customers to staff who have the expertise the customer needs.
- Prevent loss through positive customer service and safeguard customers, staff, and company assets.
- Proactively identify and address and report safety or security concerns.
- Observe LPOs as they make apprehensions, act as a witness, control bystanders, assist as directed.
- Assist staff when appropriate with tidying, collection of buggies, or any other duties which will improve the customer experience.
- Assess, plan, and act within policy and procedure to assist with location emergencies.
- Document incidents, take notes, write reports, and obtain witness information, as required and directed.
- Report weaknesses or anomalies in programs to LP Management.
- Report all losses and security or safety incidents.
- Report any policy breaches, procedural errors, or performance issues to LP management immediately.
- Liaison with police and other investigative entities as required.
- If called to be a witness, attend court and provide testimony as directed or requested by the Crown.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in providing positive customer service.
- Retail experience, an asset.
- Experience with conflict resolution, emergency situations, and first response is an asset.
- Industry relevant training and experience, an asset.
- Security training and experience is an asset but not required.
- First Aid and W.H.M.I.S. Training, an asset.
- High School diploma or equivalent education.
- Ability to support store staff and others through emergencies or critical incidents.
- Ability to de-escalate difficult interactions or conflicts.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional approach to customer interactions.
- Ability to follow instructions to maintain basic equipment, apply labels, and verify security device function.
- Basic business computer skills (Windows, Microsoft Office, Outlook).
- Basic aptitude for communications equipment (two-way radios, mobile devices, and computer terminals).
Why work for us?
- 100% Canadian-owned retailer
- Established community partner
- Flexible and varied schedules
- Competitive pay that rewards strong and consistent performance
- A high-energy and varied workplace that strives for and rewards excellence
London Drugs is an equal opportunity employer. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work applicable to this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.