Security Alarm Technician
SDS Security is currently seeking a Junior Security Technician/Installer to join our team.
Minimum of 1 year experience in either video cameras, alarm systems, access control, intercom systems or low voltage wiring is required.
Responsibilities & Job Duties
• Installation of Alarms, Video Cameras, home automation, Access Control and Intercom systems
• including pre-wiring, installing, programming, commissioning, trouble-shooting and repair
• wired and wireless installations in residential and commercial locations
• Ability to provide a high level of customer service including customer training on installed equipment
• Ability to respond to technical inquiries
• Ability to reads schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation requirements
• Follows all safety protocols and procedures including maintaining safe and secure driving habits
• Communicates effectively with office, field staff, and customers
• Ability to transport equipment and tools weighing up to 40 lbs
• Ability to work in confined spaces and adept at maneuvering ladders at heights up to 25 feet
• Ability to meet project deadlines and budgets
• Experience with the security systems would be considered an asset (residential and commercial alarms)
• Experience with Video Cameras, access Control and Intercom systems would be considered an asset
• Basic computer and networking skills required
• Basic knowledge of wire, wiring techniques and soldering
• Experience using hand tools and digital multimeters
• Good troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• High School Diploma
• Electronics training would be considered an asset
Additional Information / Benefits
• Dental, Medical, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability
• Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check & Driver’s extract required
• Full time schedule is Monday-Friday 8:30-5:00
• Evening and weekend overtime work sometimes available (on a voluntary basis)
• Company van or car allowance provided
SDS provides competitive wages, benefits package, car allowance, tools, and training.
Salary will be commensurate with experience level.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org