211 connects people to the right information and services, 24/7/365 in over 150 languages. We collaborate and innovate locally and across national networks to strengthen human and social service systems and connect people to the help they need, when they need it. To learn more about how 211 is impacting communities from coast to coast, click here.
We’re looking to expand our team of Community Resource Navigators (Service Navigators)! Service Navigators connect people with the health and human services they need by providing valuable information and referrals through our 211 service. 211 is a flexible and innovative work environment and we’re looking for people who are passionate about their communities and connecting people to services to reduce poverty and improve overall well-being.
In this role you have the benefit of working from home. Candidates should have access to a quiet work from home environment and must have a reliable internet connection.
- Full-Time and Part-Time Contract (until March 31, 2021 with possibility of extension)
- Must be a resident of Manitoba
Supporting a scheduled to work anytime between 6am to 9pm CDT
TheService Navigator position is great for people with social service or social work backgrounds. The position involves support for diverse service users and complex problem solving to ensure people are connected to the right services quickly and easily and that barriers to service are reduced whenever possible. This is an exciting, fast paced and constantly changing position with service users needs changing from call to call, including:
- Connecting people to health and human services information and agencies
- Active listening, empathizing, validating and problem solving client needs
- Searching through 211 data to find the most appropriate information and referral for unique individuals (e.g. eligibility, geography, language of service)
- Advocating for service users who may be vulnerable due to personal or systemic barriers.
- Tracking callers needs through our business intelligence system to support 211 data
Who Are You?
Service Navigators are highly trained and passionate about the people in their communities. They are:
- Problem solvers, able to make independent decisions quickly and under pressure
- Strong communicators both orally and in writing. Service Navigators express care and empathy at the challenging situations our service users face, are active listeners and concise and consistent communicators.
- Proficiency in French or other language in addition to English an asset
Knowledgeable about the social service, nonprofit and charitable sectors
- Committed to anti-oppression, principles of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Proficient in technology and able to learn and adapt to new technical tools as they’re developed
- Empathetic, open-minded and non-judgemental
- Adaptable and comfortable in dynamic, sometimes ambiguous and fast paced environments
- Enjoy working both independently and as a member of a team on new and existing services, and special projects.
- Degree or diploma in Social Services, Social Work, Psychology, or other related field
- Two years’ experience (paid or volunteer) in the information and referral or related sector
If this is you, we would love to hear from you!
Salary and Benefits: $26.16 to $30.72/hour plus excellent benefits
Please submit a covering letter, resume Applicants will be reviewed as received and until suitable candidates are found.
We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
We believe that diversity helps us solve problems and improves the way we work. Equity seeking groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Please let us know if you require accommodation at any stage of the application process by contacting our human resources department so that appropriate arrangements can be made with you.
Contract length: 5 months
Part-time hours: 35 per week
Application Deadline: 2020-10-16
Expected Start Date: 2020-10-19
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $26.16-$30.72 per hour
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- Social services information and referral : 2 years (Required)