MITT is a post-secondary institute offering industry-driven, student-focused education in the areas of skilled trades, business and information technology, health care, and human services. We provide affordable, timely, skills-based education for learners seeking career entry as well as those looking to acquire relevant, in-demand competencies at any point in life.
Reporting to the Dean, Academic Programs, the Clinical Lab Assistant will be responsible for supporting health simulation, computer, and classroom learning activities for the Medical Office Assistant, Health Care Aide and Unit Clerk, and the Rehabilitation Assistant programs. This position may also assist in lab set up in the Pharmacy Technician program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supports the delivery of simulated and computer lab activities under the direction of the instructor and provides practice/remedial supports to students as required.
- Invigilates exams and provides assessment support under the supervision of the program instructor.
- Works with the Health Program team to coordinate multi-program lab bookings/activities.
- Provides individual, small group and large group academic supports under the direction of the instructor.
- Oversees lab activities during scheduled clinical practice time, reinforces medical clinical procedures and safe patient handling techniques, and provides feedback and corrections where required.
- Prepares classroom and simulation lab equipment and manages inventory stocks and orders for various learning activities in consultation with instructors.
- Maintains and cleans/sterilizes lab equipment, arranges equipment repairs and laundering services, and manages the inventory and supply orders, involving students as relevant to learning activities.
- Ensures a safe work environment by complying with WHMIS regulations, reinforcing safe patient handling protocols, and adhering to lab rules and other MITT policy and procedures.
- Reinforces MITT and classroom policies to students.
- Fosters a co-operative, respectful working relationship with the instructor and works within the parameters of this position.
- Lifts and moves items such as supplies and equipment up to 25kg.
Required and Preferred Qualifications/Experience:
- Science, kinesiology, medical office assistant, or health care educational background
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience in a related technical field
- Strong organizational, record-keeping, multitasking, and time management skills
- Strong Microsoft Office and Accuro software skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Participatory, learner-centered philosophy
- Excellent communication, teamwork and leadership skills
- Accountability mindset
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions. Underfills may be considered and are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until Tuesday, October 13, 2020. Submit your resume and cover letter using our online application system.
We are growing, come grow with us.
MITT offers a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits,
and opportunities for professional and personal growth and development.
MITT is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free work environment, beginning with the hiring process. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, applicants are asked to inform us if they require an accommodation. All information received as it relates to accommodation will be kept confidential.
MITT is committed to an employment equity practice that achieves a workforce reflective of the community at large. Applicants are encouraged to self-declare at the time they apply.
This position requires the successful completion of a Criminal Record check including vulnerable sector.
Please do not disclose personal health information or protected personal information through the application process.