New Directions is a social service agency offering a wide range of resources and services that foster people’s hopes and dreams in their communities. Supported Independent Living (S.I.L.) Cluster Housing and Adult Family Supports, are three of the many services offered by New Directions. Each of the three service areas provides supports to people who may have intellectual disabilities and/or mental health issues, and who experience barriers to living independently in the community. We are currently seeking a Resource Administrator to provide supports in all three service areas.
- Provides administrative, reception, data entry and clerical services to three distinct service areas in two separate locations.
- Requires knowledge of different reporting mechanics, compliance requirements, internal/external procedures and other challenges working across three service areas.
- Receive and manage referrals; including discerning service area that is the best fit for referral.
- Assist in weekly scheduling.
- Monitor and schedule staff training, as necessary.
- Oversee office procedures and recommend changes when necessary.
- Participates in the development of SIL, Cluster Housing and Adult Family Supports specific policy and procedures.
- Order and maintain office supplies and protective equipment in multiple locations.
- Maintain and update files and client data base.
- Maintain and update on call folders.
- Performs all billing and collection services for assigned service areas.
- Ability to manage time and balance their work in the three service areas.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in administrative roles that handle confidential information; administrative experience or training in business administration processes would be considered an asset.
- Strong computer and data entry skills, with a minimum 60 w.p.m. typing, proficiency with Microsoft Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite, and the ability to continuously learn new database processes.
- The ability to meet strict timelines for the completion of processes in each service area.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated ability to be diplomatic in handling all situations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Knowledge of FASD, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Schizophrenia, Borderline Personalities, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder would be an asset
- Effective problem-solving ability.
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
The salary range is $15.50 to $21.70 per hour (equivalent to $28,210.00 to $39,494.00 per annum), dependent upon education and/or experience. A full benefits package is provided to regular full-time staff. The successful candidate will be subject to Criminal Record and Adult/Child Abuse Registry Checks; and must supply a current driver’s abstract. Please submit your resume and cover letter by October 16, 2020.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to:
Supported Independent Living
514 St. Mary Avenue. Winnipeg, MB R3C 0N6
Fax: (204) 786-2686
We thank all applicants for their interest in New Directions, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Unfortunately, we cannot accept telephone inquiries.