Logistics Coordinator – Central
Bison Transport’s Asset Based Logistics (ABL) department is a fast-growing brokerage arm of Bison Transport that builds Bison’s network across North America by developing strong relationships with our partner carriers. As our Logistics department continues to grow and evolve, the scope of the Logistics Coordinator role has broadened. In the spirit of growing the business, the Logistics Coordinator will have the responsibility of generating leads which includes developing relationships, identifying and solidifying opportunities and negotiating rates in order to generate additional freight. As a Logistics Coordinator, you will work directly with our network of partner carriers and Bison operations team to coordinate freight movement through Canada and the US, in order to properly service our client base.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Defining available freight and securing carriers for Bison ABL on a daily basis;
- Develop relationships with carriers, identify opportunities, generate leads, and win freight;
- Defining all details relating to loads and ensuring that the chosen carrier understands and is able to meet all expectations;
- Evaluate changes in market conditions and negotiate best purchase price while assessing all angles of the situation;
- Coordinate the resolution of assessorial charges, disputes, and general carrier issue;
- Provide one-off and network solutions for freight opportunities tabled by customer service, operations, and sales through rate requests and network designs and modifications;
- Locate, validate and onboard new sources of carrier capacity to meet the needs of the network;
- Build and manage carrier relationships involving capacity, rates and compliance;
- Proactively managing all steps of follow-up.
Our Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Prior Transportation Industry and/or Logistics experience are an asset
- Entrepreneurial spirit and interpersonal savvy
- Sound analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional negotiation, decision making and organizational skills
- Proven communication and time-management skills
- Strong customer service and relationship-building skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast-pace, deadline-oriented environment
Shift subject to a modified shift schedule
- Corporate Wellness Program & on-site fitness facility*
- Internal training through our Learning & Development Department
- Companywide career growth opportunities
- Corporate Lunches and Cultural Celebrations
- Develop meaningful relationships with our open-door policy across the organization
- Celebrating 50 years in Business
- Named as Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Active in giving back through Corporate Social Responsibility and Charitable Giving
- Committed to environmental sustainability
- Bison Transport is committed to Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Please submit your resume in MS Word or PDF format and apply today!