AGI – Rosenort is a world leader in agricultural equipment manufacturing. As a division of Ag Growth International, the career possibilities are endless, where ambitions are recognized and people are the strength of our business!
Reporting: Directly to Design Engineering Manager – AGI Rosenort
Core Function: Based in Rosenort, under the direction of the Design Engineering Department – AGI – Rosenort, the R&D Welder/Fabricator will be responsible for building and testing prototypes of agriculture machinery (primarily grain augers). Working directly out of the prototyping shop, the R&D Welder/Fabricator will be responsible to perform the following duties:
• Build custom parts per drawing and/or spoken instructions
• Provide direct feedback to Design Engineering group on how to change/improve design concepts
• Assist in production assembly/welding processes when required
• Measure and record data associated with testing of prototypes
• Confers with engineers, AGI sales team, customer service, or others to resolve repair or assembly problems.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
• Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
• Five or more years’ welding experience in a manufacturing environment (in a variety of roles)
• Proficiency with metal working tools and equipment, lathe/mill skills considered an asset
• Needs to understand/speak English proficiently
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
• Good mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to operate large farm equipment (tractors, augers, forklifts, cranes) considered an asset
• A willingness to work unconventional hours when required
• Experience working safely near moving machinery or hazardous areas
• Agreed upon performance targets
• Specifics to be defined over time, but always with the provision the incumbent will be required to do other duties as assigned
Job type: Full-time