The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to women, Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions in Winnipeg and other locations across Manitoba and may remain in effect for 12 months. This competition may be used to appoint successful candidate(s) to current and future regular, term or acting status appointments subject to staffing approval.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
A detailed position description may be available upon request.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must be able to provide and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and Security Check.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s license
- Must be able to travel to various sites within the District and across the Province
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering, a Trades certificate, and/or an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Management experience in a client service environment and strong client relations skills.
- Experience planning and administering significant operational budgets.
- Knowledge and/or understanding of building operations, maintenance, and facility management.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead a team.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to establish, engage, and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety and Health policies, practices, and regulations.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Political acumen in working with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Experience with Adobe Enteliweb, AutoCAD, AIMs, and/or Portfolio Manager.
The incumbent has a corporate responsibility to implement operational plans within the District that support the Division’s mandate. The District Property Manager (DPM) is responsible for ensuring that the District requirements (i.e. staff, equipment, facilities), the District work plans across the four core functions and District targets (programs, budgets, timelines and deliverables) incorporate overall Divisional goals and major Department-wide/Government-wide initiatives. The DPM is entrusted with the stewardship of approximately $1 Billion in government assets and directly manages or influences the expenditure of approximately $13M in government resources annually.
The DPM is also responsible for ensuring that the guiding principles and values of the Division are integrated within and reflected throughout the delivery of all District services. This involves coaching, mentoring, leading and managing staff as required to achieve a corporate culture within the District aligned with the guiding principles and values of the Division.
The position has the following District (Program Delivery) responsibilities:
1. “Issues Management” with both internal and external stakeholders
2. “Management of the District” providing overall direction to the appropriate Program Manager (i.e. Facility Manager, Technical Officer, Project Manager, Financial Officer, District Safety Coordinator, Maintenance Resource Manager, etc.) to ensure delivery of all District Programs (technical services, minor capital construction, operations & maintenance and related human resource, financial, workplace safety and health & risk management and other administrative support) and;
3. “Long Term Planning” involving Program planning, contributing to policy/guideline development, life cycle forecasting and integration of Divisional goals and resources with projected operational requirements.
Advertisement # 36566
Service Centre 3
Human Resource Services
600-155 Carlton Street
Winnipeg, MB , R3C 3H8
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor’s representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.