ATTENTION – Technician/Mechanic Heavy Duty Truck Experienced Leaders
NEWER 16,000 SQUARE FOOT 9 BAY SHOP Located at 425 Lucas Ave., Winnipeg, MB
INFLOOR HEATING!! WASHBAY. TRUCK LIFT. DAIMLER FREIGHTLINER DETROIT FACTORY TRAINING!
TAKE THE NEXT STEP IN YOUR CAREER AT A PROGRESSIVE RETAIL TRUCK SERVICE AND REPAIR FACILITY!
Join a great team family environment where we put culture as first priority AT TSPM.
TSPM is currently accepting applications for the position of Shop Foreman. This higher-level technical position is aimed at those interested in leadership and taking the next step in their career.
Providing world class industry leading solutions begin with talented, highly motivated, skilled, team-oriented individuals. TSPM is the All Makes Models General Retail Repair & Freightliner PDI Transolutions Truck Center branch in Winnipeg inviting you to join our dynamic workforce. Our strong commitment to responsive customer service and care is based on the needs of today’s demanding schedules and vehicles in accordance to manufacture specifications with the ability to design dynamic solutions specific to individual customer or fleet requirements, needs and wants.
The Shop Foreman will be responsible to perform technical diagnostics, general repairs, and basic inspections (PM and MGI) on a variety of commercial vehicles with the focus being safety as well as minimized downtime. You will provide support to our customers, leadership in our shop and mentor our shop staff, assistance to management with day to day operations continuously improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of the TSPM operation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Journeyman Red-Seal Truck/Transport
- MGSI Manitoba Government Safety Inspection Certification
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license, ability to update to a Class 3 within 1 year, training provided.
- Highly knowledgeable in diagnostics & repair of major trucking OEM products (Cummins experience an asset)
- Effective communication skills
- Computer Office Software knowledge and Database Experience an asset
- Leadership, Coaching, Mentoring, Conflict Resolution and Supervisory skills.
- Willing to go the extra mile for a team member or a customer
- Team player with solid Customer Service focus
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Must be able to handle challenging situations with grace
- Professional personal appearance
- MOPIA Certification an asset
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform technical diagnostics, general repairs, and basic inspections (PM and MGSI)
- Promote the type of culture that makes everyone want to come to work
- Work as a team, empower and build confidence in your co workers
- Be part of the solution, do the right thing
- Ability to interact in a positive and welcoming way with external and internal customers
- Must keep a clean organized work area
- Lead by example establishing good working relationships, training and assisting staff
- Be committed to taking pride in your workmanship
- Display a Positive Attitude with Passion, Drive, and willing to learn new things on a daily basis
- Assist management: with leadership; coordination and supervision; technical advising; communications; customer relations; developing, following and instilling SOPs and best practices; performance evaluations; training and development; corporate culture and morale initiatives; staff concerns; Health and Safety; etc.
- Cross-Training Future Development: Service Writer, Parts and Management Coverage
Job Type: Full-time
Shift: Monday to Friday 8:00am-4:30pm (Some Overtime and team assistance on various shifts required as needed.)
Compensation Package: Salary commensurate with experience. Full Benefits. Retirement Savings Plan.
Dealership Factory Training:
As a branch of Transolutions Truck Centers Freightliner Dealership, you will have access to receive extensive training on the latest engine, drivetrain and chassis technologies and components. We offer ongoing training and the opportunity to grow your skills and experience in a positive environment.
The ideal candidate will be a highly positive, motivated, team oriented, experienced Journeyman HD Red-Seal Truck/Transport technician capable of performing Manitoba Government Safety Inspections, high level diagnostics, provide effective communication, possess computer office software and leadership skills motivated in advancing their career.
If you are dedicated to delivering first class customer service, detail oriented and driven to succeed,
Please apply with your resume attached.
Transolutions Truck Centers
Provide first-class, industry-leading transportation solutions to the commercial vehicle market in Manitoba.
Build value for our customers by delivering dependable, timely and cost-effective products and services.
We will accomplish this mission through teamwork, staff dedication, and passion for the business.__
Commitment to doing the right thing
Conduct our business with integrity, trust, and respect in every situation.
Stewardship of our people
Care for our employees and their families. Develop opportunities for employees to grow.
Provide a safe workplace and celebrate successes.
Giving back to our community
Support our community by giving our time and energy to worthwhile causes.
Profitability and financial strength
Financial success enables us to sustain support to our company, employees, customers and the community.
Reference ID: TSPM-SF 10.9.20
Application deadline: 2020-10-25
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$40.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
To keep our staff and customers safe, we at Transolutions TSPM have installed plastic barriers and service counters, hand sanitizer and mask use prior to entry and used in all common areas, directional signage and gating, disinfect building and equipment.
- Shop Foreman: 1 year (Preferred)