Companion – Winnipeg (Russian Speaking).
Do your life’s best work with us!
CBI Health is dedicated to improving the lives of both our clients and our health care team members. The Companion contributes to the quality of a Client’s life by promoting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and physical well being, mobility, personal appearance, comfort and safety.
As you care for others, CBI Health will care for you by providing the Personal Protective Equipment, training and resources that you need to feel confident every day.
This role requires ability to work mornings and/or evenings (20 hours minimum).
- Adapt to varying degrees of supervision and to the client’s requirements and wishes while working within the established service plan.
- Recognizes and reports safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the environment and acts accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the Client.
- Able to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency situations.
- Reports any unusual incidents to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor.
- Observes, documents and reports any emotional or physical changes in the Client’s condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor.
- In keeping with provincial Occupational Health & Safety Acts, the Companion will take every reasonable precaution to ensure that the workplace is safe.
- Participates in client care conferences as required.
What you will need to be successful
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- A clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within the last 6 months
- Adult and Child Abuse Registry Check within the last 6 months
- Ability to travel from home to home within the community
- Commitment to work every other weekend
- Bilingual – Fluent in Russian and English Language
- Reliability and strong organization skills
When you join our team as a Companion, you’ll belong to one of Canada’s leaders in the healthcare industry with 250 locations across the country. As one of the largest healthcare networks in Canada, we’re proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member and Canada’s 10 Most Admired Company Cultures.
Join us at CBI Health – where we work together to make great things happen.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving Ability