In your role as Merchandise Business Analyst – Future Opportunities (Merchandise Performance Analyst) for The North West Company (NWC) you will develop and prepare materials for analysis including coordination with stakeholders, instruction on the use of process improvement tools, facilitation of decisions, assisting in the development of implementation plans, assisting change management, and conducting follow-up processes.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
The North West Company is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information.
- Conduct business and/or business unit process assessments and evaluations using appropriate methods of data collection, problem solving, and analytical models;
- Assist in the development and writing of the business case, project charters, and project schedules ensuring all work is completed with the projected timelines and schedules;
- Support Sr. Management in identifying business opportunities within the Canada retail business across all parts of the value chain;
- Support 3 year and quarterly planning process for Canadian retail by gathering relevant data and insights from supporting departments;
- Provide project management, insights and analyses for key special projects as assigned by the President and EVP;
- Seek and evaluate process improvements while analyzing information, materials, and methods to match specific organizational needs. When necessary, make adaptations to process improvement initiatives to maintain industry best practice principles;
- Ensure process improvement objectives, specific goals, measures, and metrics are established for each improvement initiative and accepted project management practices are chartered and utilized for improvement initiatives. Provide follow-up to monitor the progress of planned improvement initiatives implementation to assure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of expected benefits;
- Create, modify, and manage various reporting tools, ensuring all reporting capabilities are catalogued and available to appropriate users;
- Provide date and analytical modeling for the development of product and business strategy; and
- Monitor approved Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis, identify trends as well as suggest steps to improve results when warranted.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor degree with a preference in a Finance/Accounting or MIS background, preferably with 2-3 years of industry experience;
- Prior management consulting or internal strategy experience is highly preferred;
- Excellent computer skills, with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and Power Point;
- Strong understanding of process mapping and or related work experience;
- Experience in analytical merchandise performance;
- Must possess strong data management, analytical, and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven team player abilities;
- Strong number and analytical aptitude;
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage highly sensitive and confidential information and materials with discretion;
- Great organizational skills, including prioritizing and time management, and;
- Proven ability to prioritize and accomplish work independently to meet deadlines.
Location: Gibraltar House 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB
Reports to: Manager, Business Development
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.