Requisition ID: 145682
Position Number: 20057028
Posting End Date: Oct 16 2020
Site: Misericordia Health Centre
Work Location: Misericordia Health Centre
Department / Unit: Sleep Disorder Centre
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: IUOE/OEM 987D
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: ASAP – 07/28/2021
Reason for Term: Maternity Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.50
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Salary: $18.582, $19.139, $19.713, $20.305, $20.914, $21.541
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the direction of the Sleep Disorder Centre (in direct reporting relationship to Sleep Disorder Centre Medical Director), the incumbrent is responsible for the effective and efficient provision of secretarial/clerical support for the Sleep Disorder Centre.
- One ot two years’ recent experience in a clinical setting is required.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba Standards, required.
- Successful completion of a recognized medical office assistant training program required.
- Medical terminology required.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- It is recommended that, at minimum, staff possess the Family & Friends category of training.
- EMR experience is preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills required.
- Previous experience with spreadsheet and database applications required.
- Experience in supplies and inventory management and processing preferred.
- Keyboarding speed of 60-65 wpm.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel) required.
- Ability to take minutes for staff meetings.
Physical health to meet the requirements of the position.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Considerable sitting.
- Considerable repetitive wrist movement.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition