Frontier Supply Chain Solutions Inc. (Frontier) is a medium sized organization with warehouses located throughout North America. Our specialization is finding solutions for our clients; offering customs brokerage, warehousing, fulfillment, parcel distribution, LTL and/or final mile delivery. We are seeking a Warehouse Manager to manage our Winnipeg cross docking facility. If you have experience leading a cross dock warehouse and are seeking an opportunity to further your career then consider Frontier as your next employer.
This is a “hands on” managerial role requiring the incumbent to assist with shipping receiving duties as well as supervise a team of 5 shipper receivers and 8 fleet or contract drivers. The manager will be the lead contact with warehouse vendors and carriers, as well as schedule, coordinate, and manage all warehouse and driver activities to meet our service expectations to our Clients.
Managerial duties would include:
- Determining daily work requirements and distributing work assignments to the warehouse team.
- Providing direction as needed to ensure the best and most effective use of time, employees and process.
- Coordinating and adjusting driver needs with Dispatch/Courier operations.
- Managing and enhancing current client and carrier relationships.
- Proactively participating and resolving client and carrier issues.
- Providing training, and new employee onboarding as required.
- Motivating, Coaching, and Leading by example.
- Foster a culture of team work.
- Providing feedback and participating in employee recruitment, performance management, and potentially termination.
- Maintaining compliance with internal Health & Safety protocols & practices, Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act and corresponding regulations. Maintaining compliance with driver performance and internal driver expectations, standards and policy adherence, driver client interactions, provincial motor carrier safety.
- Completing Employers Reports with respect to workplace incidents or workplace injuries.
- Responding and providing reports to senior management.
- Participating in daily, weekly, or longer term strategic or planning meetings as required.
Warehousing duties would include:
- Assisting in shipping receiving duties such as unloading, loading, and securing freight on trucks/trailers.
- Assisting in the receipt of and cross docking of cargo using the appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including forklifts, dollies, and pallet jacks.
- Verifying documentation matches the freight description, as well as noting the count and condition of the freight received.
- Labelling freight to the proper destination.
- Maintaining excellent customer service to internal and external customers including carriers at all times.
- Performing general housekeeping tasks such as sweeping floors, storing equipment, maintaining emergency exit pathways are clear etc.
The following skills and abilities are required:
- 2+ plus years of warehousing, freight handling, and cross dock experience.
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience.
- Previous experience directing, working with, or managing fleet or contract drivers an asset.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Confidence in decision making.
- Ability to foster, build, maintain business relationships with vendors, carriers, and other business partners.
- Practical experience with Microsoft Office; used as a resource for communication, analysis etc.
- Ability to pull reports and analyze data to improve efficiencies, adopt operational or staffing changes, review processes, and/or to add value to client satisfaction.
- Exposure to inventory or warehouse software programs.
- Ability to write and speak English fluently.
- Exceptional customer service skills, strong work ethic, and attention to detail.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 lbs without assistance.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team member.
- Forklift certification. Train the trainer experience an asset.
- Surpass criminal record check. Be bondable if required.
- Class 1 license an asset.
Visit our website: www.frontierscs.com
To be considered, please submit a cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and availability to start.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- managing warehouse personnel: 1 year (Preferred)
- cross dock warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- managing fleet driver: 1 year (Preferred)
- managing contract drivers: 1 year (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)
- Class 1 Drivers License (Preferred)
- Certified Forklift Operator (Preferred)