Requisition ID: 118003
Position Number: 20081069
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: St. Boniface Hospital
Work Location: St. Boniface Hospital
Department / Unit: Clinical Support Resource Team
Job Stream: Clinical Support
Anticipated Start Date – End Date: ASAP – Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days;Nights
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $18.265, $18.813, $19.377, $19.958, $20.557, $21.174
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Program Team Manager and a Registered Nurse (RN) or Registered Psychiatric Nurse (RPN), and while demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Values and Management Philosophy of St. Boniface General Hospital, the UNIT CLERK acts as a member of the health care team, performing clerical, receptionist, and related duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a recognized Unit Clerk certificate program.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work in a windows operating environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Legible handwriting.
- Respectful and courteous telephone manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact well with others.
- Ability and willingness to work in stressful environments that may include aggressive and/or agitated individuals.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition