Wawanesa Mutual Insurance is one of the largest property and casualty insurers in Canada with $3 billion in annual revenues and assets of more than $9 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, founded in 1896 with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon, and Wawanesa Life, which distributes life insurance products and services throughout Canada. With over 3,500 employees, Wawanesa proudly serves over two million policyholders through nine regional offices and 41 service offices in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated , driven , and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience, advancement on a growing team.
As part of the New Business Department team, the New Business Administrator plays an important role in processing new individual life applications and policy changes. The New Business Administrator is responsible for processing policy contracts, entering policy information into the Wawanesa Life Data base, calculating premium for policy changes. Quick turn around and attention to detail are essential in this role.
- Processing of new applications
- Data Entry
- Premium calculations for policy changes
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Preference will be given to individuals with 1 year office experience and/or post-secondary education in a related field
- Mathematical aptitude
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to handle a fluctuating work load with attention to detail
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of Life insurance products and LOMA would be an asset
- Bilingual French/English; written and verbal is required
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful , challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, goal achievement plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable and rewarding environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.
Accommodations are available as needed for all applicants.