Requisition ID: 29002
Position Number: 20090054
Posting End Date: Open until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Capital Planning – Corp
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: SH Exempt
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Capital Planning provides leadership and management of the Region’s complex multi-million dollar capital planning and construction portfolio. Our projects span the entire health-care sector and include Hospitals, Ambulatory Clinics, Personal Care Homes, Community Agencies and Offices and vary in scale, magnitude and technical complexity from a few thousand dollars (office renovations) to hundreds of millions of dollars (new hospital with specialized OR and diagnostic environments). Capital Planning is Manitoba’s largest and most complex Capital Program and is a respected industry leader committed to service excellence.
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Project Coordinator 2 is responsible for coordinating multiple capital projects through all phases of planning and construction while demonstrating a commitment to the Vision, Mission and Values of Shared Health.
As the Owner’s representative, the Project Coordinator 2 will plan, coordinate and oversee the delivery of assigned projects while ensuring KPIs of scope, budget and time are achieved. The Coordinator will develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and will assist with managing client expectation and satisfaction while maintaining awareness of the needs of patients, residents and families.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years design and/or project-planning and construction contract administration experience required.
- Direct Health-care capital project experience will be considered an asset.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education in Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Environmental Design or Architectural Technology.
- Additional training in Project Management, Construction Specification Canada, LEED, Building Code and Construction Contract Administration is considered an asset.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and vehicle.
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-motivated and desire to make an impact.
- Able to think on your feet and resolve complex planning issues.
- Excels in challenging situations and driven to find creative solutions. Exercises a positive attitude, understand team dynamics and shared responsibilities.
- Detail orientated and able to stay focused. Accept ownership for accomplishing a myriad of requests.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional people skills required to work with consultants, contractors, clinical specialists and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Microsoft Project and Outlook required.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated experience with AutoCad required.
- Working knowledge of business management, business ethics and management principles required.
- Good understanding of budgets, schedules, financial statements and associated management of same as they relate to capital projects.
- Knowledge of Workplace Health and Safety Regulations and Infection, Prevention and Control Measures.
Salary is commensurate with education and qualifications.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the “Apply” icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.