Fort Garry Child Care Centre Co-op is a non-profit organization which operates four child care centres within Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our main office and preschool child care centre is within the Manitoba Institute of Trades and Technology, with whom we have built a strong partnership in the development of our Early Childhood Educators. We strive to achieve excellence in child care services, responsive to the needs of the children in our care, families and the community.
Fort Garry Child Care Centre Co-op Inc., a non-profit charitable organization is looking for an experienced part-time bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and financial requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as working independently off-site. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Balance and maintain accurate general ledgers.
· Receipt parent payments, maintain sub-ledger, processing Aging reports and producing yearly income tax receipts.
· Process payments to vendors on time and maintain sub-ledger.
· Bank account reconciliations.
· Prepare monthly financial statements including Profit and Loss Statements and Balance Sheet.
· Prepare other statistical, financial and Ad-Hoc accounting reports.
· Assist with the annual Audit and budget preparation.
· Create Subsidy Reports.
· Complete official forms with financial data to apply for necessary grants and rebates.
· Minimum 5 years in a similar bookkeeping position. Preferably experience with child care facilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
· Able to work remotely.
· Experienced knowledge of QuickBooks (Desktop and online) and Microsoft Excel.
· Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and a minimum of 3 professional references via email by October 26, 2020 to;
Fort Garry Child Care Centre Co-op Inc.
Chair, Board of Directors
Please note “FGCCC Bookkeeper Applicant” in the subject heading of your email.
*We thank all candidates who apply for this position; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Reference ID: Bookkeeper
Part-time hours: 15-25 per week
Application deadline: 2020-10-26
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $35.00-$40.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- bookkeeping: 5 years (Required)
- QuickBooks: 2 years (Required)