Goodeye Technologies Inc. is an early-stage artificial intelligence startup, leveraging its machine learning platform to develop and deploy computer vision applications for partners in various industries. We are looking for an IoT Service and Installation Technician to become an integral part of our frontline service team.
The Low Voltage EL-06 IoT Service and Installation Technician is responsible for the delivery and integration of Goodeye’s video security automation systems, providing unmatched quality service to our customers. The successful applicant will have a strong track record of taking ownership of their work and leverage their knowledge with our products and policies to ensure that to the job is done right the first time. You will have a keen eye for detail to assure that all site protocols and health and safety standards are followed and keep up with the growing demand for our security products and services.
Are responsible, self-motivated, and service-oriented with great technical aptitude and customer service skills. You are tech-savvy with experience and/or training as an alarm camera install/service technician. Lifelong learning and an ability to solve problems on the spot will make your experience shine. As a growing start-up we are looking for someone who understands our mission, identifies with our values, and is passionate about their personal growth. We offer a flexible schedule and the opportunity to join an innovative, high growth start-up at the ground floor.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare, maintain, and repair cameras and equipment.
- Install, maintain, and, repair IoT network systems including video monitoring systems on customer site.
- Document and maintain accurate records of all work performed on site for submission at the end of the workday.
- Ensure that all equipment installed is properly configured and in line with best practices.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies, procedures, protocols, and health and safety requirements.
- Contribute to the design and process automation for build, install, and management of on-premises or remote computer & network/IoT equipment (computers, IP cameras, sensors, modems, routers, encoders switches).
- Contribute to the design and management of network systems that continuously monitor edge device health including data consumption, uptime, security events, & incidents.
- Contribute to the implementation and management of computing focused on automation and desired state configuration management in a Linux centric environment that extends from internal Video Monitoring Systems (VMS) to edge devices & Network Video Recorder (NVRs).
- Maintain up-to-date inventory records including computer equipment, peripherals, software licences, and privileged accounts for shared use by a team of IT technicians & engineers.
- Assist with the design, hardware integration, and ongoing support of new software.
- Post-secondary education in a technology related field with an emphasis on computer/IT skills would be an asset.
- Completion of a security manufacturers certified training program would be an asset and/or training and/or experience as a security systems technician or camera installer.
- A valid Manitoba driver’s license and reliable vehicle.
- Ability to lift equipment weighing upwards of 50 lbs overhead and at heights.
- Primary installations are done from a ladder. A boom and scissor lift may be used for larger projects.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with internal and external parties.
- The ability to troubleshoot CCTV analog/IP systems.
- The ability to work independently and to prepare all necessary documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
- A good knowledge and adherence to site protocols and health and safety policies and practices.
- Client sites
- Flexibility to work beyond regular working hours as needed
- Working at heights
Is this for you?
This role is for you if you have proven experience working with cross-functional teams and can demonstrate personality and charisma when working with stakeholders and staff alike.
If you’re looking for an opportunity where you can be yourself, be an integral part of a fast-growing, dynamic organization, and leverage your skills to change the world, then we would love to hear from you!
What makes Goodeye a great please to work?
- Working with highly intelligent purpose driven people that have fun winning.
- Being involved in businesses that make a positive difference in the world and improving customers lives.
- Working with a highly experienced visionary leader who is committed to driving your personal and professional growth at all levels.
Deferred compensation for this role will be commensurate with experience and includes significant upside in profit sharing and stock options.
Selected applicants will be contacted directly. We look forward to working with you.
Keen to learn more? Visit us at www.goodeye.tech
Goodeye Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values building highly diverse teams. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
IMPORTANT: To ensure complete honesty and transparency, please be advised that our entire staff is currently on deferred compensation upon meeting certain revenue and funding objectives. In order to succeed in this role, you must be committed to and motivated by building revolutionary products and not purely by money. Ensuring the long- term successes of our start-up and your future peers will pay dividends for you in the long run, but in order to get there, you have to be willing to put in the work to help everyone succeed.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 per hour
- Winnipeg, MB (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19