Reporting directly to the Manager of Financial Services, the incumbent is responsible for day-to-day activities of the payroll and benefit functions in supporting the preparation, processing and auditing of Medical Remuneration [regular and off-cycle] for the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) and Shared Health facilities and sites within the scope of the organizations.
Ensures adherence to applicable Federal and Provincial government legislation, multiple collective agreements, independent contracts, non-union guidelines and established policies and procedures. Acts as a liaison with the Provincial Medical Administration Office (PMAO), SAP payroll, Legal, the University of Manitoba, other agencies and benefits providers as required.
Assists the Manager with communicating all procedural payroll related issues to staff, Managers and Timekeepers, as issues arise, ensuring compliance with various Collective Agreements, independent contracts and payroll practices for union and non-union groups.
Works with the Manager to establish and test any required new procedures or revisions to existing ones.
- Minimum of three years accounting experience utilizing computer-based financial reporting and Payroll systems.
- Must have experience with both collective bargaining agreements and independent employment contracts.
- Experience with SAP and Crystal Reports is an asset.
- Proficiency in a Windows environment using the Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with an ERP payroll system.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba Standards, required.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Payroll Association Management Certificate Program or equivalent education from a recognized Business Certificate with emphasis in accounting required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven ability to deal with difficult, delicate and confidential situations arising from payroll issues; including garnishments, loss of office, grievances, and customer complaints.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to assist related departments and agencies with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must be able to prioritize workflow and manage multiple priorities in a fast-pasted environment with the utmost attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as an effective member of the overall team.
- Excellent interpersonal and English communication skills required.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.
Job Segment: Medical, Healthcare Administration, Public Health, Healthcare