Senior Investment Reporting Analyst, Global Investment Reporting and Compliance, will be a key member of the global investment reporting team and will support management in achieving Great-West Lifeco’s global investment reporting objectives.
The Senior Analyst will prepare reporting and analysis on Lifeco’s consolidated investment portfolio used by senior management. This role will provide the individual with the opportunity to add value to Lifeco’s strategic investment approach through financial reporting and analysis on topics that are important to senior management. The Senior Analyst will liaise directly with regional investment teams in Canada, Europe, and the US. The role will also assist in developing new reports and improving processes on complex issues.
- Create and analyze a wide variety of financial reports on Investment activity and holdings for senior management.
- Analyze the consolidated Lifeco investment portfolio in comparison with policies, benchmarks, indices and peers.
- Assist in the preparation of investment compliance reports in relation to investment policies, as well as ongoing analysis and reporting of period-to period variances.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop advanced analysis on the Lifeco consolidated investment portfolio.
- Support continuous improvement and be involved in streamlining and documentation of processes.
- Participate in the development and implementation of global investment initiatives and projects.
- Monitor and report on current market issues.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects and reporting as required.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- An undergraduate university degree is required, preferably in commerce, economics, mathematics, finance, or other related fields.
- Completed or working towards completion of a professional finance or accounting designation (CPA or CFA) and a keen interest in investment financial analysis.
- 3+ years of reporting experience in accounting/finance-related positions.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Passionate about turning data into useful information.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities while managing tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with advanced Excel functions, such as pivot tables and macro functions, and a working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Access is an asset.
- High energy, self-motivated, and an entrepreneurial attitude.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.