Systems Administrator Career Opportunity
The Dufresne Group is currently seeking a Systems Administrator for our IT Team within our Home Office located at 147 Commerce Drive in Winnipeg, MB for the afternoon shift.
As a Systems Administrator you will be responsible for Design, plan, implement and support the organization’s server infrastructure.
The Dufresne Group is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
As the Systems Administrator, you will:
- Coordinate and perform the installation, integration and maintenance of physical, virtual, and cloud network servers according to company policies and procedures.
- Monitor the Windows server environment daily to ensure high availability of the organization’s client/server applications.
- Troubleshoot and repair server hardware and software issues as needed.
- Manage and provision Storage Area Network (SAN).
- Design, manage and support the MS Active Directory infrastructure using Group Policy and Exchange Server.
- Perform virtualization and server consolidation using VMware and associated tools.
- Secure and harden corporate infrastructure.
- Perform routine maintenance on ERP (AIX).
- Manage the backup/recovery environment and performs daily/weekly/monthly backup jobs.
- Maintain accurate and current documentation of server infrastructure and configuration.
- Respond to and resolve server and operating system issues referred by the IT Help Desk.
- Perform routine proactive server maintenance activities including firmware upgrades, patching, etc.
- Perform data migrations as well as data consolidation of legacy / acquired systems.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of Server rooms and wiring closets
As a successful candidate you will have the following:
- Degree/diploma in computer science or systems administration
- High level of technical expertise in MS Server o/s, MS Desktop o/s, Active Directory and Exchange Server, VmWare, IBM StorageWize, AIX, Veeam
- Technical skills compatible with our environment
- Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes irregular workdays/hours.
- Typical shift would be an early afternoon start.
- On call 24/7 as required
- Criminal Record Check required