POSITION: Trade Analyst
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm
LOCATION: Winnipeg, MB
START DATE: ASAP
50 Best-Managed Employer Seeking a Trade Analyst
- Work Life Balance – We mean it: banked time program, quarterly paid volunteer days, social committee, cultural surveys, potlucks, sports teams.
- Compensation – We pay fairly: scheduled salary assessments, salary scales, RRSP/DPSP program, Profit Sharing/Bonuses, Subsidized GoodLife Gym Memberships, Transit Passes, Sports Tickets.
- Excellent Benefits – Subsidized health, dental, short and long term disability, AD&D, EAP and critical illness.
- Employee Retention – Employee development, internal university, external training, leadership development, internal applicant preference, career planning & advancement.
…Looking to work in an environment which fosters CARE for its people?
…Wanting to join a 119 year well established secure company?
…Driven by professional growth and development?
…Motivated to join a ‘family’ based culture?
Founded in 1901, GHY International is Canada’s oldest brokerage company, and is family owned and managed. GHY is a secure and stable business and has held status of Canada’s Best Managed employer for over a decade. GHY has adapted during the COVID-19 pandemic and continues to be profitable and secure. Other similar competitors in our Industry have unfortunately not faired so well, however, this is a testament of the GHY resilience. With the hard work of our dedicated GHY’ers we have been able to continue working, remotely or in office and show CARE for clients. GHY continues to move forward during the COVID-19 pandemic and we are looking for experienced and motivated talent as we continue to grow in areas of our business.
GHY International has an exciting opportunity available at their Winnipeg office location. We are currently seeking a Trade Analyst. Reporting to the Client Care Manager, the responsibilities will include:
Job Summary: This position is responsible for the creation of new parts and the transactional audit of released shipments prior to final accounting
- Audit of transactional shipments
- Correction of errors determined in audit
- Creation of F type consolidations
- Document pursuit for free trade savings potential
- New parts creation
- Processing of RMD corrections
- Quality control case approvals
- Other duties as required
- Completion of Grade 12 Education
- Certified Customs Specialist Designation
- Enrolment in Certified Trade Compliance Specialist courses
- Ability to prioritize in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- detailed oriented and logical individual with the ability to make objective business decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional client service skills
- Experience with ITMR4
- Knowledge of Customs rules and regulations
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Understanding of Outlook, Word and Excel
- Understanding of tariff classification, GIR’s and explanatory notes
- Work within tight deadlines
- 5+ years of related experience
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Customs Brokerage: 3 years (Preferred)
- Tariff Classification: 2 years (Preferred)
- Releasing of Goods: 3 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Required)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)
- Certified Customs Specialist (Preferred)
- English (Required)