Working under minimal supervision, the Manager, Reinsurance is responsible for leading a team in the administration and monitoring of the Corporate Reinsurance Program. The Manager, Reinsurance ensures that all reporting requirements are met. In addition, the manager oversees the internal catastrophe modelling and liaisons with other departments as required on the model.
- Identifies and recommends changes to the reinsurance program.
- Administers and monitors the company reinsurance contracts.
- Works with reinsurance broker on annual catastrophe modelling and other related projects
- Oversees the internal catastrophe modelling and manages relationships with model vendors
- Monitors of earthquake exposures as required by internal policies and procedures
- Completes compliance reporting to internal stakeholders as required
- Completes Regulatory reporting as required
- Oversees the monthly financial reporting for reinsurance and catastrophes
- Works extensively with external parties such as reinsurers and the reinsurance broker
- Creates and presents the ceded budget including catastrophe projections annually to senior management
- Remains up to date on all regulatory and legal actions/decisions affecting insurance company operations in general.
- Manages performance of direct reports inclusive of providing professional and technical guidance, and provide regular performance reviews.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- Undergraduate university degree in Actuarial Mathematics, Statistics, Mathematics or other related field of study.
- A minimum of four actuarial exams would be preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an actuarial or claims related role
- Extensive knowledge of the Property Casualty insurance industry and insurance operations in general.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to understand context and its impact on all issues
- Identifies when something needs to be done and initiates action as required
- Develops and implements comprehensive plans that bridge complex issues and span across time
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision
- CIP or ARe designation would be desirable
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- actuarial or claims: 5 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19