Requisition ID: 147488
Position Number: 20061575
Posting End Date: October 21, 2020
Site: Seven Oaks General Hospital
Department / Unit: Social Work – SOGH
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 11/04/2020
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $30.830, $31.756, $32.707, $33.690, $34.701, $35.744, $36.818, $37.924, $39.061, $40.234
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations. We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the direction of the Manager, the incumbent is responsible for:
Providing professional, skilled psychosocial assessment and interventions to individuals, families and groups; providing a range of psychosocial interventions that are aimed at assisting clients, families and groups cope with and adapt to health related issues, using the healthcare system and other social systems effectively and efficiently; demonstrating leadership in assisting the healthcare team complete transitions; relieving co-workers due to illness, vacation, and professional development.
Participating as a member of the healthcare team and interpreting social, psychological, emotional and family problems to the team; maintaining excellent working relationships with team members and participating in team planning and problem solving; performing a variety of administrative functions as required by the department. May be requested to assist in providing instruction to students and new staff.
- Two years recent and relevant experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work (BSW) from a Canadian Association for Social Work Education (CASWE) accredited school/faculty, or a Provincially authorized post-secondary program, or the approved equivalent if internationally educated.
- Must be registered with Manitoba College of Social Workers.
- May be required to hold a valid Manitoba driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Training requirements for this position shall be in accordance with the WRHA policy.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relationships.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other disciplines and demonstrate professional judgment and initiative.
- Willingness to adapt to new concepts, techniques and best practices in the academic and clinical fields of healthcare.
- Understanding of health and social welfare systems.
- Ability to practice independently and with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated strong commitment to the profession of social work and the Canadian Association of Social Work (CASW) Code of Ethics and the Manitoba College of Social Workers Standards of Practice.
- Must be organized in the workplace and determine clear priorities.
- Must be in good physical and mental health.
- May encounter aggressive and/or agitated client/visitors/staff.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, blood and body fluids, toxic materials, noise, allergens, physical and emotional stress.
- May be occasionally required to work extended hours.
- May be required to work a variety of shifts including but not limited to days, evenings, and weekends.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition.