- JOB TITLE EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING COUNSELLOR
- Conduct assessments of clients to determine employment needs and eligibility for MET programs and services;
- Assess client needs through an interview process, gather information and determine eligibility, determine client training/employment readiness, career/education goals;
- Provide clients with job search assistance, information on programs, services and community resources, referrals to counselling or community services, and labour market information;
- Develops appropriate employment and training plans with clients and match the identified employment needs with appropriate MET programs or services;
- Provide ongoing counselling support to clients during employment and training activities;
- Utilize database for case management and contract management;
- Prepare and monitor cash flows and other financial documentation for client files;
- Research and access labour market information and job postings utilizing the Internet, local newspapers and other professional publications;
- Establish and maintain a network of contacts with community resource programs, school divisions, training institutions, and other government programs and services;
- Assist in the maintenance of the MET Resource Area and job board in the MET Regional Office;
- Draft correspondence, reports and other documents.
- Post-secondary education and experience in the Social Sciences field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Minimum of two years of experience in employment/career counselling;
- Experience facilitating presentations and workshops to client groups;
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and computerized case/client management data systems;
- Experience establishing and maintaining solid working relationships with a diverse array of partners, clients and co-workers;
- Strong client orientation and quality assurance skills, organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and adapt to conflicting and tight deadlines;
- Flexibility, fairness, integrity, diplomacy and sensitivity to the needs of others;
- Experience working with Indigenous non-profit organizations, volunteer boards and committees is preferred;
- Knowledge of Métis culture and MMF programs and services is a definite asset; and
- Ability to travel, valid Manitoba Driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle.
POSTING # 20-025-02
NATIONAL OCCUPATION CODE 4156
NUMBER OF POSITIONS 1
POSITION TYPE TERM (Six Months), FULL-TIME
The Manitoba Métis Federation (MMF) is the official democratic and self-governing representative for the Métis Nation’s Manitoba Métis Community. The Manitoba Métis are Canada’s Negotiating Partners in Confederation and the Founders of the Province of Manitoba.
The MMF seeks to fill one full-time six-month term Employment and Training Counsellor position within our Métis Employment and Training Department located within our Winnipeg Regional Office at 150 Henry Ave in Winnipeg, MB.
Skills and Qualifications: