Job Position Opening: Lot & Shop Assistant
The main purposes of the Lot & Shop Assistant are to drive (responsibly and safely), wash vehicles, and take care of other duties as needed. When a vehicle or customer needs to get somewhere else, the Lot & Shop Assistant is the first person we call upon to make it happen.
We are looking for a dependable and personable individual with a great driving record who is also physically capable of occasionally loading medium-heavy objects into vehicles (e.g. wheels and tires). We expect our Lot & Shop Assistant to manage their time effectively and self-coordinate multiple tasks and errands (i.e. “You have these 5 things to get done before noon… Go!”). Attention to detail, time management, and a willingness to do whatever is asked of you are all important qualities for this position.
Job duties include:
– Shuttling vehicles safely around Winnipeg
– Shuttling customers
– Running errands to various suppliers and stores
– Occasionally lifting/loading medium-heavy objects (like tires) into vehicles for transport
– Managing last-minute/rush tasks safely and professionally
– Washing cars, cleaning floors, and doing other projects when there are no vehicles to shuttle.
– Drivers Abstract
– Successful Criminal Record Check
– Must have Minimum Class 5 Driver’s License
– Must know how to drive a manual transmission
– Must be dependable and punctual
– Previous driving experience preferred
– References strongly preferred